Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Gear up for the challenges of strategy formulation and implementation in a 21st century business.
- Identify why a strong strategy is essential for the future business success and formulate a business strategy that suits the needs and visions of your organization.
- Develop the ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation.
- Explore the understand theory and frameworks that provide the foundations of a successful business strategy and provide the tools that students need to understand that strategy.
- Get the tools you need to analyze, evaluate and recommend specific actions organizations can take to grow their value and avoid common growth pitfalls.
The aim of the course is to highlight the importance of strategic management in the turbulent business environment. Students develop the ability to think strategically, analyze the competitive environment, and recommend firm positioning and value creation. In this course students will build a toolbox of techniques to execute today's business strategies to help them succeed. This course prepares future managers to leverage technologies, applications and skills in adoption and change management of business ideas, opportunities and strategies that organizations need to manage in order to plan and lead business initiatives. In this course, students learn how to leverage classic strategic frameworks and principles, SWOT, Competitor, Environmental, Five Forces, and Capabilities Analyses as well as Strategy Maps in a changing world. Therefore, future managers develop an understanding of all the dimensions to take into consideration when crafting a new strategy.
Introduction to strategic management, Competitive analysis – Competitive advantage, External Analysis: the identification of opportunities and threats, Internal Analysis: resources and value chain, Value creation, Mission statement – Vision, Formulation a business strategy, Developing a business strategy, Implementing a business strategy, Evaluation a business strategy, Business-Level Strategy, Corporate-Level Strategy, Case studies of industry leaders in strategic management.
- Hill, C., Schilling , M., & Jones, G. (2018) Στρατηγικό Μάνατζμεντ: Μια Ολοκληρωμένη Προσέγγιση - Θεωρία και Μελέτες Περίπτωσης.BROKENHILLPUBLISHERSLTD
- Παπαδάκης, Βασίλης, Μ. (2016) Στρατηγική των Επιχειρήσεων: Ελληνική και Διεθνής Εμπειρία, Τόμος Α΄: Θεωρία. (7η Έκδοση). Αθήνα: Εκδόσεις Ε. Μπένου
- Γεωργόπουλος, Νικόλαος, Β. (2013) Στρατηγικό Μάνατζμεντ. (3η Έκδοση). Αθήνα: Εκδόσεις Ε. Μπένου