Human resources constitute the most valuable asset in relation to organizational effectiveness. In contemporary organizations, there is much attention to the issues of employee behavior, job satisfaction, and the development of policies that promote quality and effectiveness in human resource management.
The purpose of this module is to offer a)core knowledge in order to acknowledge and effectively manage crucial factors that affect employee behavior and b) special knowledge and skills that promote effective management of human resources.
This module encompasses core issues of organizational behavior such as determinants of human behavior in the workplace, classic and contemporary theories of motivation and leadership as well as elements of teamwork and team building. In addition, it analyzes core policies and practices of human resource management including recruitment and selection, education and development, performance assessment and rewards.
- Duchanan D.A. and Huczynski A.A. (2010), Organizational Behaviour. Prentice Hall, 7th ed.
- Mondy W.R. (2011), Human Resource Management, Pearson Higher Education, 13rd edition.
- Mullins L. and Christy G. (2013). Management and Organizational Behavior, Pearson Higher Education, 10th edition.
- Robbins S. P. και Judge T. A. (2015), Organizational Behavior, Pearson Higher Education, 16th edition.
- Vakola, M. and Nikolaou Ι. (2012), Organizational Psychology and Behavior, Rosili, Athens (in greek).
- Bourantas, D. (2005), Leadership, Kritiki, Athens (in greek).
- Xirotiri-Koufidou, S. (1997), Human resource management: The challenge of 21st century in the workplace, Anikoula, Thessaloniki (in greek).
- Chytiris, L. (2001), Organizational Behavior: The Human Behavior in Organizations and Corporations, Interbooks, Athens (in greek).